3 days ago
Check out these awesome bracelets by local artisan Dru. Cool gators like the SH Seal.🐊S E M I N O L E H E I G H T S🐊
How much do you love your neighborhood? ... See MoreSee Less
do you do any yellow gold bracelets
too much for me...
6 days ago
2 weeks ago
Photos from City of Tampa's post ... See MoreSee Less
3 weeks ago
HUGE WIN FOR SOUTH SEMINOLE HEIGHTS TONIGHT!
City of Tampa City Council votes to approve the city budget, which includes $1.2M for the Rivercrest Park Seawall and Dock Replacement Project.
Additionally, a motion by Council Chairman Guido Maniscalco and seconded by Councilman John Dingfelder was unanimously approved to provide $135k in funding or “the amount necessary” to properly complete the Haya Linear Park Shoreline Restoration Project!
Thank you to all the residents who made your voice heard and to the council members for supporting South Seminole Heights! ... See MoreSee Less
Good job out of SSHCA, Council Chairman Guido Maniscalco and seconded by Councilman John Dingfelder.
Great news. Do you know by any chance if they are going to address the Brazilian Pepper that is growing back along the Haya linear park shoreline? I know they had used an herbicide to try to eradicate the stumps but it doesn’t seem to have worked.
Amazing news! Excited for the new docks for kayaking 🚣♀️
OMG, is it Christmas? 🎅🏻 Thank you for speaking at Council today, Stephen Lytle!!! I am SO happy to hear this news! ♥️
Wonderful news! Thanks to all who helped make this happen!
This is GREAT news!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Guido Maniscalco and Stephen Lytle and John Dingfelder
Help us build a more resilient Tampa! We are looking for community input to inform the Resilient Tampa Roadmap on key issues like environmental threats, social equity, infrastructure needs, health & more. Provide your input as we work to Transform Tampa’s Tomorrow: bit.ly/resilienttampa ... See MoreSee Less
Info about SSHCA Board Nominations & Elections ✔ - mailchi.mp/72624d80f0e3/sshca-board-nominations-elections ... See MoreSee Less
A big thank you to the City of Tampa and Tampa Parks & Recreation for their support in our tree canopy sustainability plan in our local South Seminole Heights’ parks.
New plantings have taken place in the northern and eastern portions of the park. Once the sea wall and dock replacement project takes place the remaining 40+ trees in the plan will be planted throughout the park. The city will also be coming by to assure the health of the trees and that they’re getting enough water for growth.
Thank you and keep an eye out for more improvements coming soon! ... See MoreSee Less
Thanks all!! My son and I love this park and everyone who has made it all possible!!!
Thank you for fighting for the neighborhood, City Councilman Guido Maniscalco! Excited for the new dock replacement.
This is great news!
Yay! The trees are bigger than I expected, very happy about that. Great job.
👏👏😀Great news! Thanks for all your efforts and everyone that advocates for SH/SSH💜🌎🌲🌳
Lets see those Seminole Heights children in their first day of school! Whether it was at home learning remotely or in person we know it’s an exciting day!
No kids?! Post a picture of your cat or dog or even yourself! ... See MoreSee Less
This is my grandson Kyle,this week is E learning , next week he’ll be in VPK @ Mendenhall ❤️😊
Too young for school, but not too young to look cute for a picture!
We are currently accepting nominations for all board positions for our upcoming association election:
- Vice President
- At Large Delegate x3
Board members serve 2 year terms and must be a SSH resident or business owner and a member in good standing of the SSHCA. To nominate yourself or a neighbor please email email@example.com before September 1, 2020.
Elections will take place during our October general meeting on October 21st! More details will be released as we near the election. ... See MoreSee Less
Election Day Reminder for 2020 Primary ... See MoreSee Less
Desk Officer Reporting System ... See MoreSee Less
Transportation News in SSH:
- Construction on the traffic signal/pedestrian crossing at Florida Ave and Wilder Ave has started! Soon pedestrians and students will find it much easier to cross Florida Ave near The Independent.
- FDOT is working on a project to install a crosswalk and median refuge at N Florida Ave at Giddens between the apartment complex and Ichicoro. They are still trying to nail down the funding/time frame on this project but we are hoping for late 2021 completion.
- We continue to work with FDOT on the proposed crosswalk/median at Florida at Giddens Originally FDOT was in discussions with the City of Tampa to see if the crosswalk (as well as some other improvements FDOT had identified as part of the study) could be included. As of now this is on hold until FDOT finds a way to pay for the proposed change.
- Most of FDOT's focus has been on the project along Florida/Tampa St from Tyler St to MLK due to overlap with the HART BRT study, but as that concept is getting closer to being finalized down FDOT will be shifting focus to the Highland corridor and will be working with the City and reaching out to the community to refine our complete streets concepts for this segment. This will likely be around mid-Fall.
- Speed along Osborne continues to be a focus. The city is looking into striping parking along the roadway along Rivercrest Park to better define street parking and to potentially slow traffic down as cars are forced to drive closer to the center lane.
- Parking along roadway in Rivercrest and Haya Linear Park. The city is reviewing options to reduce parking in grassy areas along parks. Cars often block the sidewalks and deterioration has become significant along portions of both parks.
Thank you to all our neighbors who continue to be voice for our community. If you'd like to get involved, volunteer or help usher in positive change please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
For those interested in just keeping up to date with transportation issues the Heights Traffic Awareness Campaign is a great group to follow. ... See MoreSee Less
Chase Grant second bullet
The FY2021 budget has 5 strategic goals that will allow us to Lift Up Local & support Mayor Jane Castor’s vision for #TransformingTampa:
🤝 Community-Centric Services
💡 Workforce Development
🏡 Housing Affordability
🚍 infrastructure & mobility
🌎 Sustainability & Resilience
Watch the FY2021 Budget presentation to learn more: bit.ly/3icH5yu ... See MoreSee Less
Today marks 55 years since the Voting Rights Act passed, outlawing discriminatory voting practices that disproportionately affected people of color.
Early voting for the 2020 Primary Election is happening NOW through August 16 (Election day is August 18). Find an early voting location near you to exercise your right to vote today!
votehillsborough.org/VOTERS/Early-Voting ... See MoreSee Less